E'erbody likes to do these, so I will briefly interrupt my blogging hiatus to share this with you (all).
1. His Name is Alive "Sometimes Screw"
2. Neko Case "Hold On, Hold On"
3. The Knife "We Share our Mother's Health"
4. Car Stereo (Wars) "Ghostface Observatory"
5. Teddybears feat. Iggy Pop "Punkrocker"
6. Tapes n Tapes "Omaha"
7. Yo La Tengo, "Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind"
8. Midlake "Roscoe"
9. Califone "The Orchids"
10. The Soft Drugs "Defending the Paint"
11. Eric Bachmann "Carrboro Woman"
12. M83 "Don't Save us from the Flames"
13. Peter and the Wolf, "The Highway"
14. Chin up Chin up "This Harness Can't Ride Anything"
15. Arab Strap "Dream Sequence"
16. CSS "Let's Make Love and Listen to Death from Above"
17. Dana Falconberry "Sadie"
18. El-P "Smithreens (Stop Cryin)"
19. Danielson "Did I Step on Your Trumpet"
20. Camera Obscura "Let's Get out of this Country"
21. The Album Leaf "On your way"
22. Epic Man feat Plan B. "More is Enough"
23. Cat Power "The Greatest"
24. Thunderbirds are Now! "(The Making of...) Make History"
25. Asobi Seksu "Thursday"
With Runners-up in no particular order, Rainer Maria - "Clear and True", Band of Horses - "The Funeral", Annie - "Heartbeat" (Phones Maximo Remix), Silversun Pickups - "Well Thought out Twinkles", Annuals - "Brother".
Should you care for it, I could probably be persuaded to make you a copy as a Christmas present if I know you. But really you should just go out and buy a copy of the albums that the top 3 are from and listen to them. I have no idea why more folks didn't love the His Name is Alive release. I don't think I've seen it on one best-of yet, which is tragic. You can check out some of their songs on this myspace, but Detrola is one of those albums you really have to hear the whole way through to appreciate fully.
The best albums that didn't get a song on this list, for whatever reason, were definitely the Destroyer and Sonic Youth albums. I have trouble picking a favorite song from them, for whatever reason. But don't worry, they got lots of play.
Also, under no condition should you see Annuals live (even if they're opening for Tapes N Tapes). Worst forty or so minutes ever.